Within an hour’s drive are found many of the White Mountains famous parks, and landmarks, which include: Bretton Woods, Sunday River, Tuckerman Ravine, Wildcat, The Weathervane Theater, and The Waumbec wich has the oldest 18-hole championship golf course in the U.S. The latter offers spectacular views of northern New Hampshire.
- Bretton Woods – 20 miles
- Cog Railway – 27 miles
- Great Glen Trails – 17 miles
- Heritage New Hampshire – 29 miles
- Santa’s Village – 8 miles
- Six Gun City – 4 miles • Storyland – 29 miles
- Tuckerman’s Ravine – 17 miles
- Mt. Washington Auto Road – 17 miles
- Waumbec Golf Course – 8 miles
- Wildcat Ski Area – 19 miles
If tax-free shopping is on your agenda, the town of Gorham is located 6 miles east on U.S. Route 2.
Seven miles to the north of Gorham is situated the city of Berlin, which at the turn of the century was the largest paper producing city in the world. North Conway, located 35 miles south of Gorham, is a shopper’s paradise with many famous name factory outlets. This is the place where one shops until they drop!
Gorham offers several ethnic restaurants all of which offer a family atmosphere as well as restaurants with fine dining, dancing, and live entertainment.
WATCH FOR MOOSE! You are apt to see several around the corner from the Inn, In “Joe’s mud hole.”